Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 33: Bummed :(

We're officially over a month into my prep...and no I don't have injury news, a change in plan or anything like that.

It's March Break, and in Ontario that means time for everybody to fly/drive/race/head south for a training camp. And its for good reason....despite our mild winter everyone is SICK of crappy weather and ready to go outside in less than 3 layers of clothing (5 if you are planning on getting on your bike).

So no, I'm not bummed because I have something negative to tell you. Just that I'm still here in London while...



1. LPC 2012 Camp has officially started, and I have already missed the best brick workout in the world - lazy river swim followed by a marathon.........eating session at Houlihan's breakfast buffet.



2. Many triathletes are into their racing season, in the hunt for Olympic points, or competing in some of the coolest places in the world against the best athletes on the planet (including Erich Wegscheider...check out his Abu Dhabi race report here). Speaking of which, Abu Dhabi looks like an incredible race, and if I ever learn to compehend being on a bike for 200km I would love to do this race.

3. And Coach Chris' cycling camp is also underway, and even my boss gets to go to that one!!


Alas, not all is lost. My time in the sun is coming quickly!! And we have some beautiful weather on tap in Ontario, and yesterday I got out on a beautiful 3hr ride in the sun and wind, and have finally put to rest the question in my head if my bike training is working :)

Its finally time to really push my training limits for the first time this season, and while it seems I never have enough time to get everything in, I'm still managing the big training weeks with full time work, and still finding some time to write blog updates in between it all.

So on tap this week...train just as strong and consistent as last week! And make a stop in to my physio to make sure everything is still working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment