Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh the '90s

Sometimes I wish I was born 15 years earlier so I'd be in the 90's right now...


Fruit was still food, not absurdly expensive cell phones

You needed to look at a map to get to your destination

It was acceptable to cut your hair less than twice a year

You could fill a gas tank for $20

You could look like a scumbag for free, rather than paying for pants with holes in them

It wasn't yet cool to be uncool

There was no such thing as a Hipster

Justin Bieber had not yet tainted this Earth with his presence

I could get on a World Cup start list

I could ride a big fat yellow Softride bike and be the coolest guy in town

It wasn't $600 to sign up for an Ironman, and there weren't 3400 people on the course

John Stewart would still be funny,

And musicians didn't need software to hit their notes...

Another song from Neil Finn and Crowded House. The best singer/songwriter who North Americans have never heard of, and one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment