Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011

Race seasons are like vacations...planning them (without the slightest regard to the inevitable stress and loss of direction) is half the fun! It's always interesting looking over all the cool events around the world...wondering when I can escape the crappy Canadian weather, where I have a shot at picking up a big novelty check, etc. And setting my schedule is always the best motivation to get through winter training on my own.

I'm still working out all the details and waiting for confirmation on a couple events, but this is roughly what my year is going to look like.

March 8-20 - LPC Florida Training Camp :)
May 22 - Miami Speed Triathlon (USAT Elite Race Series)
May 28 - Rainbow Cup Trinidad&Tobago (aka the showdown)
June 12 - Multisport Canada Woodstock Triathlon
June 26 - ITU Pan Am Cup Coteau-du-Lac
July 31 - National Capital Triathlon (Elite Provincial Championships)
Aug 13 - Multisport Canada Cobourg Triathlon
Sept 10 - Esprit Triathlon Montreal
Sept 24 - ITU Pan Am Cup Buffalo (US Elite National Championships)

No long course BS, four draft-legal races. I will be adding a few 5k's and cycling events early in the season but those will be based on my training at the time. I also hope to add a couple more MSC races so I can claim glorious victory for the series. It will end up being a full schedule, but if I stay healthy it should be a much more competitive and enjoyable season than last year.

Time to get in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment