Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Weekend at LPC HQ

This may not be in my best interests if I keep motivating Coach James to get out the door to train before our Caribbean Showdown. For those who haven't heard yet, this is going to be the triathlon event of 2011. Coach vs. his prodigy athlete in beautiful Tobago, with delicate egos and a serious chunk of prize money at stake.

Anyway. Sunday morning was a small community 5k race that a few LPC teammates came out to and braved -21 windchill and 6 inches of fresh snow on the roads. My instructions were to keep it at a tempo effort and have some fun with my first event of 2011. So I had a fun tempo workout and won a pretty epic sprint finish for 4th place. Finished off the day with bike/swim/core.

Today I was lucky enough to hop in with the RTC for a great swim set that I actually managed to survive with the squad. Things must be improving! Then a short brick+core in the newly christened "LPC Labyrinth" and I'm pooped!

Things feel pretty good for it being mid-January. Not crazy fast, no epic workouts...just rolling along and building a solid base for the year. It's going to be a very busy spring and summer of racing and I can't wait.

Thanks again to all the LPCers who made the 5k a lot of fun, the Loaring household, Craig Taylor and the RTC girls who let me jump in their lane and were even kind enough to not make me look like an fool in the pool this morning. Back to work with the UWO tri club tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment