Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Glad That's Over

I hope Santa was good to everyone and I hope all of my competition ate just as many sugar cookies as I did over the holidays. Otherwise I'm pretty screwed. I love the holidays (mostly for the presents and sugar cookies) but I'm relieved to hear normal music again and have my training follow something that resembles a schedule again.

Speaking of music, I haven't posted any in a while! So here's one of my favourite artists covering a Smiths song that, dare I say, is better than the original (Johnny Marr on guitar):



As for training, after a disastrous fall I've put together a good month of work heading into the new year. I just got back from LPC world headquarters where I had 9 workouts in two days (if you count in Brownlee terms). Day 1: 4k swim, 2hr ride with CP5, run off the bike, core. Day 2: 60min base run, easy swim with Mr. Lockdown himself, 60min ride with some work at FTP, short run off the bike and core.

I'm happy with my progress in the pool lately having put some decent workouts in the books. Stroke is getting there, taking things one set at a time and maybe one day I won't lose my races in the swim. Done a few tests on the bike lately and I'm not where I want to be but apparently not too bad for this time of year. If I can't make a pack in the swim I damn well better be able to ride faster solo than a paceline, so that's the plan. And running has all been pretty unstructured given the four feet of snow in London, but things seem to be rolling along well.

Stay tuned for my tentative 2011 schedule. Til next time, counting every rep until I get faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment