Monday, August 30, 2010

Another week, another race

It's a good thing employment is against my principles, otherwise I wouldn't have time for all this travel and racing. Now I just need to figure out a way to pay off this fancy new Powertap. This weekend I was in Cobourg for my favourite race in Ontario. It's quite the ordeal driving through Toronto on a Friday night to get there, but it's a beautiful little town and the race course suits me perfectly: challenging bike, fast run...and an occasionally cancelled swim. After a slow start to the season I've now had 4 events in just over a month, not to mention spending a bit of time in Guelph training with the RTC. So rather than another tedious race recap, here is my race in pictures (thanks to professional triathlete/photo journalist Angela Quick). 3rd out of the water Having some trouble with the borrowed wetsuit that's a pretty cool bike I went by this guy like he was standing still at 15k and he came in transition with me...he may or may not have been sucking wheel.... T2 I'm glad there is no photo evidence of the later stages of the run where I was doing my best Michael Raelert impression of rolling up my top and pulling down my shorts. It really does make you run faster. Second overall with a strong run. No complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment