Thursday, June 10, 2010

Training Update


Hitting the first hill in the Woodstock tri.

Big thanks again to Multisport Canada for a great new venue. John Salt and MSC are supporting me in races throughout the season, and I really can't say enough good things about them. They have the most beautiful race venues in Ontario with the perfect combination of a small-town race feel, and real professionalism. And they're giving back to the athletes at every opportunity.

I'm right back into some good training with a busy schedule coming up. I'm working race crew at MSC's Binbrook race this weekend, then racing Guelph Lake and Welland the following weeks. I've had to postpone my draft-legal racing debut but still looking forward to some hard racing this month.

I've really gone back to basics with swim training this week. Whatever I've been doing the past month hasn't been working, so I've focused on good form above all else this week and I'm starting to see some decent times for the first time in a while. I've always been a terrible swimmer, so the fact that I'm seeing improvements and am getting close to being able to race ITU is beyond anything I ever expected of myself as a triathlete.

The past few days of training have looked something like this:

Tuesday
3500m swim with 6x (2x100 hard, 100 easy)
60min recovery run

Wed
3k ez swim
3hr base ride...which became "I'll ride 100k under 3hrs" (2:42)

Thurs
4k swim w/ 12x50 activation, and main set adapted from RTC Guelph-
(2x100, 4x150, 2x100, 3x200, 2x100, 2x300, 2x100)
Track workout tonight with mile reps

3.5k open water swim tomorrow and hard ride in the afternoon. Just putting in the hours, and looking forward to getting faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment