Friday, October 16, 2009

Lots to update...Kona was last weekend, new bike is on the way, winter training is starting in a few days, and I'm already looking forward to next season's possible A races.

Watching Ironman World Champs is always pretty inspiring and there were some amazing performances this year. Lieto had an awesome race, Craig Alexander has to be the most consistent athlete in the world right now, and given a couple more years of unbelievable performances Chrissie Wellington is going to be the best female ever in Ironman. And I hope she sticks with just Ironman so she doesn't chick me in any 70.3s any time soon.

The big news for me is I've ordered my new bike! After much deliberation on what model I wanted I settled on the Plasma 10 - Dura Ace 7900 components, carbon Profile Design aerobars, Fizik tri saddle, and the best carbon frame in 2010. Depending on the conditions and race course I'll either be rolling with my Mavic race wheels or Hed H3's on race day courtesy of MultiSport Zone. I can't wait to ride this thing.


I'm finally starting winter training on Monday. I got spoiled over the summer with a full time training program, its not easy finding three seperate elite level training groups/facilities and fitting it all in with school and coaching. I want to be swimming 20k/week and utilizing the newest awesome toy I discovered at MSZ (Endless Pool) once in a while to work on my stroke, riding as much as possible between spinning on the rollers and using the computrainer (I'm gunna be fo real on the bike next year), and running with LRDC trying to stay fit and healthy.

The last thing worth mentioning in this ridiculously-long-for-an-off-season post is what next year is shaping up to be. I'm stuck somewhere in between focusing on short or long course racing, and between drafting and non-drafting events depending on what my swim is like. But a couple sponsors were curious as to what my plans are for next year so this is tentatively what it looks like:

June/July open for local races whenever I'm healthy - hopefully one draft-legal race
Aug 1 K-Town Long Course
Aug 29 Lifetime Fitness Chicago
Sept 12/19 Ironman 70.3 Muskoka/Syracuse (one of the two)

No comments:

Post a Comment