Friday, October 9, 2009

F.I.S.T. and Sponsorships

Went over to MultiSport Zone this morning for a FIST tri bike fit to see if I would actually fit on the bike brand that wants to sponsor me. I've never had a real fit before so I was excited, and a little nervous as to whether or not the geometry would work.

The day started by hooking up my current road bike to a Computrainer, something I had never done before, to get a base for my measurements. I was throughly impressed by the Computrainer, its an amazing machine and will be an invaluable asset to my winter bike training. Apparently my pedal stroke numbers are pretty sexy already.

After playing around with the power meter (never been on one of those before either) and fully tiring myself out putting up 560 Watts up a hill and a little over 1100W trying to see how high I could get it...we got down to the actual fit. We worked on every measurement and after a couple tries at the seat angle we found what looked - and more importantly, felt - like exactly what I want, and I fell right into where an elite tri setup would be expected. And this is what it looked like!




All the tweaking was done, the numbers were crunched with the bike geometry and everything looked good with a size 54. So now I can tell you which brand has decided to support me next season with a race bike sponsorship...




Scott bikes!!! I'll be riding the most bada** time trial bike in the world next year, the 2010 Scott Plasma 2. I've been in need of a TT bike and the Plasma is as good as they come so I'm very excited about this sponsorship. I'll be in good company as Norman Stadler will be rocking this machine in Kona tomorrow, and its the time trial bike of Team Columbia High Road. Now I just have to decide if I want the LTD version (as seen above), or the more modest Ultegra model.

Along with the Scott sponsorship they're hooking me up with training, racing and podium clothing and shoes from Pearl Izumi, another great brand in triathlon. I can't wait until next season to show off this beautiful bike and the Scott brand along with Pearl Izumi gear and MultiSport Zone through some solid performances. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment