Saturday, June 13, 2009

Upcoming Week

Ok I'll actually write a real post this time. I'm on another day off hoping I'm over the cold that's been bugging me for over a week now. I'll guage how it feels tomorrow with a fairly light swim and short base ride. I'm hoping to finish a swim workout for the first time in 5 days.

Next week is going to be a relatively light training week as most of the squad is off to Quebec for junior provincials or the continental cup. My motivation in struggling through the tough swim workouts is to be able to join the guys at continental cups some day. But next Saturday Guelph Lake sprint is on tap for me. Last week at Lakeside was my first tri since the stress fractures in my spine last year, so I held back a little bit just to get a feel for things until I learn how to really push myself again...my average heart rate for the race was a pretty lazy 165. I was also coming off injury and a big training week so I wasn't sure how I would hold up if I tried to push my luck. I had a decent result there and felt great, so I'm hoping to build on that feeling then push things a little further this time.

My goals for Guelph Lake are sub 1:00 overall time, and sub 18 minute 5k run. But I wouldn't be devastated if I did 1:02, as I'm not sure if I have the fitness for a 30 minute bike split on a tough course. I really just want a solid effort, get into a rhythm and see what I can do on the run. But it would be nice to win...

No comments:

Post a Comment