Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adventures on Fairview

Today has gone well training wise. Did some drills and jumped in on a few 50s and 100 pull paddles with the rest of the group. Doing 100s on 1:30 hurts when you come in on 1:25, but it was a good workout. More successful than yesterday at least. I'll get there eventually. Then did a 2hr base ride with James Loaring and I'm off for a track workout in an hour (my favourite!).

Excitement for the day came when I got back from my ride in desperate need of a shower and a few thousand calories, and I realized I left my keys in my swim bag which is currently in Craig's trunk...despite this conversation as I was heading out for my ride:
RP-"I'll just pick up my bag at the run workout"
CT-"Are you sure you don't need it before then"
RP-"Nope, bye"

So I spent half an hour trying to pick my lock to no avail. My computer was in my room so I couldn't get Craig's number or my landlord's, but it didn't make a difference because my cell phone was in there too. My room is on the 2nd floor of our house, so after discovering that we don't have a ladder, I happened to spot one in our neighbour's yard. I had to stand on the top rung and popped out my screen (I swear it was bent when I got here), jumped through my window, landing gracefully on my desk and fell onto the floor. All of this was done in my dorky bike gear. But I've seen an abnormally high number of crazy people in Guelph so I don't think anyone took notice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment