Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Changing Seasons...

...and pretty much everything else it seems.

Sorry I haven't updated this thing in a while. Despite having some down time in training I've managed to keep myself pretty busy these days between some final races, work, and gearing up for 2012 already!

This season has been a hard one to try to figure out. I had some not so proud moments, but there were a lot of big steps forward, both mentally and physically, and I finally started to compete to my potential and throw down some good races. I was really happy with how the tri season turned out, but after a lot of thought and finding some direction in my training and racing, I felt that something needed to change going into next year.

I've always liked coaching and putting together training programs, and having found my direction in the sport and starting to understand what it takes to reach my goals, I felt it was best to take my training and programming into my own hands and see where I can take things. It had nothing to do with my coach - James is a great coach and I've learned a ton from him and love the LPC group. But between having a better understanding of my own training, and my training opportunities here in London, I'm - mostly - confident in my decision. And credit to James for being so understanding of my sometimes crazy thoughts - I'm sure I will be calling on him for advice more than a few times.

So I'm once again a "free agent". It's a little daunting to put this responsibility on myself on top of my training and racing, but I have a great group of coaches and athletes around me and I'm looking forward to next year being my strongest by far. I'm currently in a run focus until the end of October before really getting tri training rolling for some early season races in 2012.

Besides all that...I'm in the process of seeking out new sponsors for next season and things are looking great already (still top secret!) This time last season I decided to focus on myself and my training rather than deal with the occasional stress and distractions of sponsors. But with a good season of racing under my belt and high goals for next year, the support will be necessary for me to get where I want to be. Hopefully I'll have more news on that soon.

Until then, back to training and I'll update some of my upcoming fall running when I decide that something is interesting enough to share! I'll leave you with some more ACMFRP.

No comments:

Post a Comment