Monday, October 10, 2011

My New Training Partner

Alright its official. I have a problem.



I'm a tri geek.

If you're counting this is now 5 bikes in the past year, and 7 since I got into triathlon. 4 years ago.

After a lot (probably too much) of thought on where I want to focus my efforts in this sport I decided that trusty ol' Cervelo P1 aka Wildfire was just not going to cut it anymore. It was time for a serious non-drafting machine. So instead of pinching pennies (or my Visa card) and second guessing my decision, I just got the best/fastest/no BS bike out there.

Having worked at a bike shop for two years now I've become a bit of a perfectionist with bike performance and aethetics, and now I am with aerodynamics too. Along with a funky disc for flat and fast courses I'm now more confident and comfortable on my bike than ever before. I really can't wait to race on this thing.

And don't worry, good old P1 isn't going to go unused. Even though I retired it after just one year of racing, it is going to become my newest and by far coolest winter project yet. Stay tuned for more info!

In other news I've already had great response in my search for support and sponsors for next season. No details to be mentioned yet but I'm going to have some great support and will be racing with some cutting edge equipment next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment