Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Guest Race Report

Once in a while when a friend has a particularly inspiring performance I like to share their race report. Since my races are generally a matter of survival rather than of triumph, and my story of a professional triathlete pursuing his athletic dreams via unemployment and extensive videogaming in his parents' basement is rarely described as inspiring.

This time it's LPC teammate Thierry Guertin's race report from Ironman 70.3 World Championships. Thierry has lost 85lbs since joining LPC and has become an exeptionally strong long course athlete over the past year.

Just before leaving for Clearwater Thierry dropped me hard on a cold and windy 3.5hr ride...in my defense it was my first long ride after breaking my foot, nonetheless a major hit to my ego. But after seeing the bike split he posted in Clearwater I didn't feel nearly as bad. Enjoy:

http://www.tguertin.com/blog/2010/11/21/clearwater2

No comments:

Post a Comment