Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Bright Side of Rehab

Visit to my physio confirmed that things are progressing in terms of muscle imbalances. I still have a lot of work to do to get healthy in the pool, namely a ton of backstroke to become a more balanced, therefore fitter, swimmer. I'm realizing it's not as simple as just jumping into 20k swimming weeks in an attempt to race ITU...with absolutely no swim background. Feeling pretty good on the bike and I finally get to - gently - test things out on the run. I was getting desperate to run fast for the first time in a month and the legs felt good.

But for now the weekly training hours are pretty low. It's a good thing I have become an expert at the art of post-workout laziness...uhh I mean recovery (as outlined Pt 1 and 2). The best part about rehab is sitting my bottom in front of the TV for hours at a time. I get to watch Canadian Ryder Hesjedal work his way up to 3rd in the Tour, and I can spend my mornings with Canada's greatest TV personality, Jay Onrait:

No comments:

Post a Comment