Friday, April 23, 2010

A SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN

Direct from my gracious homestays in St. Croix:

Hi Ryan......

We are getting close and look forward to your arrival.........


Very Hot and humid here now....Hope it cools off for the big event...


Warmest Regards.

Gee, I sure hope all this early-April-in-Canada weather has prepared me for racing in the tropics next weekend. Actually we have been lucky enough to get a couple hot days this month, and training has gone very well lately. In general I like racing in the heat and handle it pretty well, but I may regret those words next week.

Last big brick workout was today (100k ride/10k run), feeling pretty good! Now its on to my favourite part of training (and the real reason I'm in triathlon)...taper, carb loading, and traveling :)


My sexy Italian race bike...weighed down with 4.5 pounds of water/eload and plenty of yummy snacks for a 3 hour race simulation ride.



And my newest creation specifically for St. Croix (invention credit to Jonnyo and Rappstar). I wanted to come up a cooler way to bring a 3rd bottle than stuffing it in my jersey. After 100k I must say I'm a huge fan...after fixing the rattling. Very handy having a bottle there, not nearly as ugly or potentially dangerous as an Aerodrink, and apparently it does help overall aerodynamics of the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment