Saturday, July 11, 2009

6 weeks out from Nationals

Well my last training day of a very tough week has been rained out, the suffering will resume tomorrow. So I'm partaking in my favourite July activities (besides racing, of course) of drinking coffee, listening to R.E.M. and watching crazy French fans doing faceplants on the pavement trying to keep up with Andy Schleck in the Pyrenees...seems like a good time for a post!

Next up on the schedule is Belwood July 19. It seems like I've barely been racing at all this year only having done two and its mid-July, but I've been picking my battles wisely. I have a lot of motivation to get within that 8% margin of the winning time, as Craig and I decided that I'll apply for my elite card after Belwood. I have no doubt that I have the fitness to get that 8% so I'm just looking forward to having a great race at one of my favourite venues.

Kelowna is 6 weeks away this weekend, and sprint nationals is my A-race this year. I've been really excited for this race since I first checked it out at the beginning of the year. The course suits me perfectly - very technical bike course, flat run, and hot. Given how hard I'm working and the training we're doing in the next few weeks I have a ton of confidence; I want to win and I don't see any reason why I can't. Unless of course training kills me first. My three goals this season are 1. get my elite card, 2. win nationals and 3. top-15 in my age group at Worlds. The first two are in my sights and giving me the motivation I need to get through the toughest training of the year (not to mention my entire life).

No comments:

Post a Comment