Friday, April 29, 2011

Switching Gears



What happens when you're too lazy to train for three sports at the same time? Pick one!

I like bikes. They're shiny and funky and generally expensive-looking. And having been diligent with my bike training through the winter on the rollers and the Computrainers at Multisport Zone, my power numbers suggest that I'm moderately competent riding my shiny expensive bike.

So this weekend I'm entering my first road race to have some fun and get comfortable in the pack. I'm only racing in the S4/M3 division so there is little glory to be had, but on the notoriously sketchy 18-lap Springbank course things might get interesting. It will be a game-time decision as the whether I go for the hero move and ride off the front, or suck tire for 17.9 laps and unleash my sign sprint - which is no longer being measured by my Powertap, but rather the Richter Scale.

The following weekend I'm headed down to Windsor for a 60k team time trial put on by a local bike shop. I have no idea what to expect with that one, besides knowing I'm much better at road/crit riding than TT. But I need to get comfortable riding hard on my tri bike with a flat and fast half ironman coming up in 8 weeks.

After all that I'll start being a triathlete again, with my first real 5k at the Toronto Marathon weekend May 15th. I was running well a month ago but have put more energy into the bike lately...so we'll see where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment