Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Newest Toy

My creation!



It's been a long time in the making but my winter project is finally complete. I haven't had a time trial bike in a few years now and even though my focus is on draft-legal, it's still nice to go fast in my other races. I had been contemplating getting a low end tri bike for a while but a bet with Coach James finally pushed me over the edge.

I've always wanted to build up a bike from scratch and with the help of Multisport Zone we made it happen. I don't need a high end bike for my non-drafting races (and my entire life savings is tied up in my road bike), so instead of dropping a ton of money on a secondary bike the focus was on making it look totally badass while spending as little as possible:

Cervelo P1 frameset
SRAM Force/Rival mix, SRAM 500 shifters/brake levers
Profile Design front end (custom modified) & saddle

I had a lot of fun building it all up and making EVERYTHING match - red levers and shifters, silver&red tape...even the cable stops are red :)

Huge thanks to Multisport Zone for making all this happen. Not only did they make it possible but they are also fitting me on it with FIST and Retul fit technology.

1 comment: