Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver!


For the past few months I've been wondering why VanOC had such a ridiculously long torch relay. But as it finishes the journey today, it really has been pretty amazing to bring all of Canada into the Olympics which kick off TONIGHT! The games will give me some much needed inspiration for the next two weeks, I just wish I was there.

I happened to catch a quick interview with Simon on CTV this morning before my swim which was pretty cool. I finished off my first training phase of the year today after a solid week of training (the first in a while). 4k endurance swim and quick 15k easy run today, tomorrow 2hr ride with short intervals and 40min run off the bike.

One last thing, check out a nice little bio and a quick article I threw together for Multisport Canada's February newsletter. I think the interviewer was far more excited than I was that I was awarded elite status right before she talked to me. But I don't mind the press coverage...

2 comments:

  1. I love the bio Ryan -- 2010 Still learning to swim. I am stoked to see what you do this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your Blog, I'll be following, a hug.

    ReplyDelete