Friday, September 11, 2009

Worlds Tomorrow

I've been in damage control all week trying to do anything I can in the hopes of racing tomorrow. I don't feel any better now than I did early in the week so its still a flip of the coin whether or not I can race. I've rested the last two days and the plan is to take an easy warmup tomorrow and decide from there. If I'm breathing/able to move my legs I'll start, and slowly build into the race (which probably isn't a bad idea considering its Worlds and I'll be tempted to take the swim out with 1:13's). If I can't go, I can't go.

Despite the stress of worrying whether or not I can race I've tried to enjoy the atmosphere here. I checked out the expo and got a good look at the 2010 Scott Plasma, the bike that I'm hoping I'll get through sponsorship when I get home, and if not I'll probably buy anyway. That thing is a machine, and the 2010 Ultegra kit is pretty sick too. Just the superbike I need for elite long course next summer!

That's about all I have to update for now, I'll post when I get home tomorrow whether I race or not. Fingers crossed. While I'm at it, some pics from throughout the week...

Gold Coast
Not a bad view from my room

I call this "Carnival and Bustling City". I'm a fantastic photographer

Its a pink monkey!

I've been gone for almost four weeks since Nationals...I miss my girlfriend :(

No comments:

Post a Comment