Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nationals tomorrow!

Race prep has gone well for sprint nats tomorrow morning. I'm well rested but still feel sharp. I've been in the open water every day this week and I'm feeling pretty confident. It looks like its going to be a wetsuit swim for age groupers afterall.

Today I ran the run course with a few easy pickups, and did the swim course with a few starts again. Everyone was at the swim venue today...Paul Tichelaar flew by me in the water, and I did a start simulation beside Whitfield. COOL!

So now its time to remember all the ass kicking I went through this summer to get here. I read a quote from Craig Alexander today that said don't get to the race thinking about winning, just be confident in "expressing your fitness". So that's what I'm going to focus on tomorrow. And going through that monsoon at K-Town long course a few weeks back has given me something to draw on mentally when I'm hurting tomorrow, I'll be thinking about how much that sucked but came out alive. I'll update after I finish tomorrow, can't wait to race!

No comments:

Post a Comment