Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 67: Training

I'm not usually one to post my workouts, pace times, splits etc. I don't like the feeling or need that many athletes have to post the biggest training week, most epic workout (you may notice I always italicize that word, it's because I f***ing hate it) or play the intimidation game.

But this time, since right now I am the only one who knows what I'm doing, I feel like telling you what I have done this week... or at least what the first half of my week has been, and what the rest looks like. If you think my week isn't epic, maybe I'm just training smarter :)

- Monday
90min easy spin, a few reps up Old River Road (for those not familiar, it's a 400m hill, 11% avg/21% max incline)

- Tuesday
Flush swim with 100s
Balance Point group run - Main set 6x1km on 5:00 at half marathon pace (3:27, 3:27, 3:27, 3:27, 3:27, 3:26)...ok maybe my goal pace if I was running fresh, but it felt easy!
Core

- Wednesday
3hr indoor brick w/ 2x 20k ride @280W, 3k run at goal 70.3 pace (11:21, 11:19)

- Thursday
90min ride with 10x Old River Road hill reps
Swim w/ 25x100 main set
Core

- Friday
6am Swim
Core + Stretching

- Saturday
3.5hr ride w/ 60min tempo
20min off the bike with some pickups

- Sunday
Run for Retina 1/2 marathon
2-3hr flush ride
Endurance swim

Usually my indoor brick and run are switched so Tuesday is a big day and Wed is a lighter training load. But I had to make some changes this week with work and life. So that's what I've been up to! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment