Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 1

I've had this blog thing around for a while...and it all started when I undertook a new and exciting (and slightly nerve wracking) challenge of moving to Guelph to train full-time under the PTC training squad.

Now that I'm taking on a new and equally exciting (and possibly more daunting) challenge of my first build to my first international pro race, on my own training programming...I figure it's a good time to document my journey step by step once again through training and life. Lately I've gotten away from updates on my daily training in favour of (mostly) tastefully opinionated ranting, but for some odd reason I feel compelled to get back to my blogging roots for a while. One day at a time to St. Croix 2012!

So with today being day 1 of my first build cycle leading up to the race, I figured I would share with you the details of my journey so far...



...Ok. So Mondays are my off day, and yes I do in fact have a true off day. Nothing exciting yet...I slept in, ate a yummy lunch and had a lovely chat with Amanda. But DON'T YOU WORRY. This will be a fun and exciting journey.

St. Croix isn't even one of my priotity races for the season. I have some very loose goals for the race but the big thing is putting together a strong consistent early season training block and pushing my limits on race day. Really its just a fun event for some motivation through spring training and a great challenge for myself to overcome a beast of a race along side some of the top athletes in the world. And to see whether or not I have a clue what I'm doing with this training stuff.

For those who are interested I will keep this up to date through my build with my goings on in training and balancing workouts with work and life. Not to show you how epic my workouts are, how hard I'm working, throw out half-truth - or full on-BS - time trial results or any of that crap. If you're looking for that go somewhere else (I can point you in the right direction) because I train honest and smart. This is just to put my thoughts on paper...or at least electronically encoded via my keyboard...and stay accountable to my loyal readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment