Thursday, December 17, 2009

2010

I've geared down training a bit for the past couple weeks to finish a crazy semester at school and I'll pick up my training for 2010 on December 28. I've changed my focus for next year and won't be racing any long course next year. I'm giving draft-legal a shot and going after Quest for Gold points as its my last year as a U23. I'm planning on making my ITU debut either in Coteau-du-Lac or San Francisco, then racing Elite/U23 Nationals and U23 provincials. I'm also working on making the national swim standard and world run standard.

Given my focus on short course/draft legal racing next year I've sought out a new coach to tailor my training to those needs (ie. learning how to swim). I'm looking forward to getting on board with James Loaring and his LPC program in 2010, and hoping to head to Guelph again next summer either to train with the elite squad he's forming or possibly with the PTC again. And being terrified of not making pack ITU is excellent motivation to put in the "hard yards" in the pool everyday.

So I'm focused on my goals and looking forward to a fun and successful 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment