Friday, February 25, 2011

Second Christmas

Ok I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, my Tassimo coffee maker was the best Christmas present ever and brings me joy every morning (thanks mom). But this week has been pretty good too.

After a long day of training yesterday I was thrilled to see that my 2011 Rudy Project team kit had arrived! A couple weeks ago I resigned with them through the 2013 season and I can't wait for the warm weather to come so I can show off all my cool new stuff.



Their bike kit is super comfy and is great quality. I was also lucky enough to pick up their superlight Sterling helmet and a couple pairs of shades. I'm very impressed with the technical innovation in all their products. But that's not all!

I just finished building my Cervelo TT bike a couple weeks ago and the opportunity arose for me to get on board a Cervelo road bike as well. So today I got a new bike for the second time in as many weeks! I was happy with my Kuota road frame but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to the bike, so I wanted to know I was on the stiffest AND lightest frame in the world.



The R3 frame is 940g in a size 56 and when I finish my build with sram Red, Rotor 3D+ crankset and Mavic wheels it will be right around 14lbs. Big thanks to Brad from Cervelo for hooking me up, I'm sure I'll be pushing the limits of this thing in my draft legal triathlon and road racing this year.

I am a spoiled little brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment