Saturday, June 20, 2009

Guelph Lake Tri

This will be a pretty short race report. The best way I can describe today is...blah. I just felt flat. I ended up with a pretty good result in a big field, I just didn't feel great today. I had a crappy swim. I took it out too hard trying to stay on the leader's feet and struggled the last 200m, and got out in 7th. I wasn't happy at all with that because I really worked hard in the water this week and I was swimming pretty well.

I knew that as soon as I got on my bike it was just going to be one of those days. It was a struggle and I didn't make up any time on the leaders. Then my back tire slid out on the turnaround just as I was starting to bridge up, so I lost a few seconds there. I got off the bike in 6th and I was surprised how good my legs felt after not feeling that great on the bike.

At the run turnaround I was 3rd and thought I had a shot at the leaders, so I was disappointed that I didn't catch them. I ended up with the fastest run at 18:03. On one hand I'm happy with the top run time, but I was a bit disappointed as I really wanted to break 18. I was 3rd overall, and won my age group by almost 10 minutes. So in the end I had a good result, and I probably should be happier than I am with that. I don't want to sound like a cocky jerk and be unhappy with 3rd, I just thought I had a shot at winning.

It was the same story as Lakeside, I had a strong run but I'm getting off the bike too far behind the leader to catch them. So I've learned that I need to keep improving in the water, and I need to learn how to ride a bike. A few good pics...






No comments:

Post a Comment